- 1/2 cup irish cream liqueur
- 12 ounces ladyfingers (hard)
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate (chopped, plus additional chocolate grated for garnish)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter (cold, cubed)
- 4 eggs (separated, at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup blueberries (to serve)
- Grease and line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Place liqueur in a shallow bowl. Trim 3/4 inch off one end of each ladyfinger. Working quickly, dip ladyfingers, one at a time, into liqueur (do not let them soak). Line side of prepared pan with the ladyfingers, cut ends down and curved surface facing outwards. Line bottom of pan with ladyfingers; cutting to fit so that bottom is completely covered.
- Place chocolate and milk in a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let base of bowl touch water). Stir until melted and smooth. Add butter, a piece at a time, stirring after each addition until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from pan; cool slightly. Add egg yolks; stir mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth and glossy. Cool completely.
- Beat cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture into cream. Beat egg whites in a clean dry medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat for 2 mins or until thick and glossy. Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until well mixed. Fold in remaining egg white mixture until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Remove charlotte from the pan. Garnish with shaved chocolate and blueberries.
|Calories550Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.