Chocolate Caramel Pudding CakeAs receitas lá de casa
This is for sure one chocolate cake that is supposed to still be a bit runny in the middle when serving, maybe with a dollop of whipped cream on top, so be sure and avoid overcooking (the toothpick test won't work here in other words). That's due to the high proportion of wet ingredients (eggs, butter, and cream) to the dry ingredients (flour and cocoa powder), with egg whites as the only leavener.
- 4 eggs
- 300 grams sugar
- 125 grams butter (melted)
- 125 grams cocoa powder
- 300 grams flour
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Prepare water bath by fitting round cake pan in a second larger pan.
- 3Second pan will be filled with boiling water.
- 4Drizzle cake pan with caramel.
- 5Beat sugar and 3 eggs.
- 6Add melted butter and stir well.
- 7Add flour, chocolate, baking powder and 1/2 cup milk.
- 8Beat well.
- 9Pour batter into pan over caramel and set aside.
- 10Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over batter.
- 11Pour boiling water into second pan for water bath and bake in preheated oven for about an hour.
- 12Let cool in pan.
- 13Remove from pan after cake cools completely.
- 14Tip: For best results, prepare pudding cake the day before serving.