Decadence does not have to break the bank. You can create a sensational dessert with just a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time. This recipe for Chocolate Caramel Mousse is rich and delicious. The hardest part about this sweet treat is waiting for it to refrigerate for at least three hours. When you bring this mouthwatering mousse to the table after a hearty meal, you will love the smiles on everyone's faces.
- 170 grams chocolate coated caramel candies
- 4 eggs
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Separate the eggs in 2 large bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until very stiff with a pinch of salt.
- Gradually, pour the melted chocolate in with the egg yolks while whisking vigorously.
- Add 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, mixing vigorously, then gently fold the rest while lifting upwards to distribute the chocolate without breaking the whites.
- Refrigerate the mousse for at least 3 hours.
- Serve chilled.