Made with almond flour, this recipe for Chocolate Caprese Cake is gluten free. Lightly flavored with vanilla bean, this cake has a rich dense chocolatey flavor. Luxurious and decadent, this cake is a dessert fit for royalty. You will need to separate the whites from the yolks as the whites are whipped until stiff to add a lightness to the texture of the cake. After cooling, sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar for an elegant finish.
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams almond flour
- 200 grams butter
- 5 eggs (separated)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Combine the almond flour with the granulated sugar.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler with the butter.
- Beat the egg yolks with a mixer and add the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla bean, the salt and the flour and sugar mixture.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them carefully into the batter.
- Line a round cake pan with wax paper and add the batter.
- Bake the cake at 200C for the first 10 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 170C and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool completely and sprinkle it with a generous amount of powdered sugar.
|Calories1210Calories from Fat790|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat790|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.