- 350 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 150 grams unsalted butter (soft)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 200 grams cheese (marscarpone)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 leaves (waxy, non-toxic, I used kumquat leaves)
- Take everything out of the fridge so that all the ingredients can come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line and butter a 24cm springform pan.
- Melt 350 g of the chocolate using either a double boiler over water, or by heating it in a microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Brush the melted chocolate onto the waxy side of the leaves, and leave to cool in a fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets. You can peel off the real leaves afterwards, leaving just their chocolate clones.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and bicarbonate soda in a large bowl and beat in the soft butter until you have a combined and creamy mixture.
- Now whisk together the yogurt, eggs, vanilla paste and olive oil and mix together with the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate too.
- Pour this batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool a wire rack 10 minutes before turning out. Let the cake cool for at least another 30 minutes so the icing doesn't melt.
- To make the icing, dissolve the coffee in the boiling water, then beat the coffee syrup, sugar and Marscarpone together until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cooled cake and top with the chocolate leaves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Simple Yogurt CakeWhole Foods Market
Greek Yogurt Pound Cake with Blueberry-Chia Saucehealthyaperture.com
Greek Yogurt Lemon Pound CakeAmy's Healthy Baking
Easy Lemon Mascarpone Layer CakeDixie Crystals
Mascarpone Cheese TiramisuRamona's Cuisine
Toffee Brownies with Marscarpone Whipped CreamBrown Sugar
Sweet Potatoes with Marscarpone & Rosemary Browned ButterThe GoodHearted Woman
Maple Pumpkin Pie with Maple Marscarpone CreamFarmhouse Pottery
Greek Yogurt Carrot Cake Pound CakeAmy's Healthy Baking
Three Ingredient Low-Fat Creamsicle CakeBetter Recipes
Simple Roasted Apricots with honey mascarponeJoy the Baker
Classic Yogurt Bundt CakeOikos
The Ultimate Healthy Carrot CakeAmy's Healthy Baking
Easy Tiramisu MousseCrazy For Crust
Vanilla Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Pound CakeThe Baking Chocola Tess
Splendid Cranberry Marscarpone Cornbread CustardDon't push meow
Low-Fat Orange Yogurt CakeHappy Home Baking
Honeycomb Kumquat ConfitAdriana's Best Recipes
Easy Pavlova with Marscarpone Cream & Orange Passionfruit CurdLittle Kitchen Blue