- 350 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 150 grams unsalted butter (soft)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 200 grams cheese (marscarpone)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 leaves (waxy, non-toxic, I used kumquat leaves)
- Take everything out of the fridge so that all the ingredients can come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line and butter a 24cm springform pan.
- Melt 350 g of the chocolate using either a double boiler over water, or by heating it in a microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Brush the melted chocolate onto the waxy side of the leaves, and leave to cool in a fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets. You can peel off the real leaves afterwards, leaving just their chocolate clones.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and bicarbonate soda in a large bowl and beat in the soft butter until you have a combined and creamy mixture.
- Now whisk together the yogurt, eggs, vanilla paste and olive oil and mix together with the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate too.
- Pour this batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool a wire rack 10 minutes before turning out. Let the cake cool for at least another 30 minutes so the icing doesn't melt.
- To make the icing, dissolve the coffee in the boiling water, then beat the coffee syrup, sugar and Marscarpone together until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cooled cake and top with the chocolate leaves.
|Calories560Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.