Chocolate, coffee, and cream. What more could you want in a dessert? This recipe for Chocolate Cake with Coffee Cream has all three in ample amounts. A rich, moist chocolatey cake sits underneath a thick layer of creamy coffee flavored whipped mascarpone cream frosting. Allow the cream layer to set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. For ease, this recipe uses a box cake mix for the chocolate cake. Use your favorite box mix for this recipe or you can elect to make your own from scratch.
- 1 cake mix (pre-made)
- 125 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 60 milliliters water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 grams regular sugar
- 200 milliliters heavy whipping cream
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the pre-made cake mix, butter, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Place a layer of parchment paper on a cake mold, pour the dough into the mold, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water and mix until they dissolve.
- Mix the 60 milliliters water with the instant coffee in a medium bowl.
- Add the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, regular sugar, heavy whipping cream, and mascarpone cheese to the bowl and mix.
- Spread it over the cake, then let it sit in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
|Calories1260Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.