Chocolate Cake with Chocolate GlazeAs receitas lá de casa
This cake is off the charts in its extravagance, but it's not as difficult to pull off as you may think. Those store-bought cookies make a big impact and all you have to is arrange them neatly around the iced cake. Pink candies are also a whimsical (and easy) garnish. That luscious coating is simply ganache made by melting chocolate with butter (for sheen), confectioner's sugar, and milk and stirring until silky smooth and shiny.
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 2 packages cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- whole milk (as needed)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1 package baking chocolate (broken into small pieces)
- 1For the cake, heat sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- 2Add flour and the oil alternately.
- 3Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- 4Gradually stir in the boiling water.
- 5Add the baking powder.
- 6Bake in preheated oven at moderate heat for about 1 hour.
- 7Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- 8For the frosting, in a small saucepan, heat a little whole milk and a teaspoon of butter until butter is melted.
- 9Add a tablespoon of powdered sugar and stir.
- 10Add the chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth. Frost cake, if desired.