Chocolate Cake with Cheesecake layerDuncan Hines Brand
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 4 ounces chocolate instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- cheesecake (layer:)
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cans chocolate frosting (Duncan Hines light)
- 1/2 can chocolate frosting (DH dark)
- 1Preheat oven to 350º
- 2In mixer bowl put all ingredients for cake. Mix on low speed until moistened.
- 3Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- 4Greased two 9 inch cake pans or spray with Pam spray
- 5Pour batter into to pans and bake for 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean
- 6Cheese cake: grease a 9 inch cake pan and line bottom with wax paper, grease wax paper
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 300º. Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl.
- 8Gradually add 1 cup sugar beating until fluffy, add vanilla.
- 9Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour into prepared pan
- 10Bake for 1 hour or until center is firm. Cool to room temperature then 2 hours in fridge.
- 11Assemble: put one chocolate layer top side down on serving plate, frost with thin layer of light frosting. Invert cheesecake on top, remove wax paper. Frost with thin layer of frosting and top with second chocolate cake layer
- 12Frost top and sides of cake with light frosting.
- 13Microwave 1/2 can of dark frosting and pour over frosted cake letting some drizzle over sides.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.