Chocolate Cake with Carob and CoconutHoje para Jantar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (yellow)
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Grease and flour a cake pan.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, coconut, cocoa, and cinnamon.
- 5Mix well and set aside.
- 6In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar to a fluffy, whitish cream.
- 7Add the oil and mix well.
- 8Combine with the flour mixture and mix well.
- 9Mix in the hot milk and wine.
- 10Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 11Use a toothpick to check if it is cooked in the middle before removing from oven.
- 12Let cool slightly before unmolding.
- 13Sprinkle with coconut and garnish with strawberries or raspberries