For many fans of the popular pairing, chocolate and mint were simply made to go together. Here, chocolate cake is infused with the flavor of spearmint by first steeping the herb in hot water to coax out the flavor before beating with the other ingredients. The cake itself is rich tasting and ultra moist and tender, thanks to the melted chocolate, eggs and oil in the batter. Garnish with more fresh mint leaves, if desired, and serve with hot mint tea.
- 3 eggs (size L, room temperature)
- 2 sugar (teacups, brown sugar)
- 2 all-purpose flour (teacups)
- 1 oil (teacup)
- 200 grams Bakers Chocolate Bar (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teas (cup of hot mint infusion)
- Mix all ingredients except the mint infusion.
- After well mixed, add the infusion of hot mint and mix again.
- Place in an already greased form with margarine and with sprinkled flour.
- Pre-heat oven at 310º, approximately 40 minutes, depending on how this cake is appreciated.