Chocolate Cake With Cream And StrawberriesAs receitas lá de casa
This modern spin on a favorite flavor combination, chocolate and strawberries, would make a wonderful cake for a special birthday, a festive finale for a July Fourth party (as a chocolatey alternative to strawberry shortcake), or a showstopping dessert for a dinner party with friends. The cake is coated with sweetened whipped cream, then topped with strawberries and dark chocolate pieces. The cake itself is airy, thanks to beaten egg whites folded into the batter.
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 150 grams baking chocolate
- 125 grams butter (or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams flour
- 200 milliliters sour cream (for whipping)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- strawberries (to taste)
- 50 grams baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1For the cake:
- 2Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- 3Add chocolate and margarine to a double boiler and melt, taking care not to burn.
- 4Stir until smooth.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Separate egg whites and yolks.
- 7Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until smooth and creamy and stir in the chocolate mixture.
- 8Stir together the flour and baking powder.
- 9Whisk the egg whites.
- 10Alternate gently folding the egg whites and flour mixture in with the chocolate mixture.
- 11Grease a baking pan with margarine and sprinkle with flour. Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF for about 30 minutes.
- 12Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- 13Remove from oven and unmold. Cool.
- 14For the chocolate ganache: In the double boiler, melt the chocolate with the butter and milk taking care not to burn.
- 15Stir until smooth. Cool.
- 16Rinse the strawberries, pat dry and slice.
- 17Before serving, beat the sour cream with sugar until thick and creamy.
- 18Spread the sour cream mixture over the cake, top with the strawberries and drizzly with the ganache.