Who doesn’t like to celebrate a special occasion, whether it be a birthday or holiday, with a think slice of chocolate cake. This cake, adds almond flour and Philadelphia Cream Cheese to make it extra tasty with a creamy chocolate filling and decadent frosting. Refrigerate after baking so you can cut a slice all week long. Enjoy it with a tall glass of milk or your favorite coffee for a late night treat.
- 200 grams chocolate (Nestle cooking)
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams flour
- 6 eggs
- 50 grams almond flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- butter (for greasing)
- 1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 150 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- food coloring
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a round mold with butter, and sprinkle with flour.
- Break the chocolate into pieces in a bowl, add the butter, and place the bowl in a water bath until the chocolate melts while stirring.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until fluffy, add the melted chocolate, and stir.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and almonds. Stir well.
- Add the stiff egg whites, and mix very well.
- Pour in the mold, and bake for 45 minutes.
- When the cake is done, remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Unmold, and set aside.
- Cut lengthwise, and fill with Nestle chocolate cream.
- For the topping, batter the cheese with the softened butter, sugar, and a few drops of food coloring.
- Spread this cream over the cake. Refrigerate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1720Calories from Fat1030|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1030|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.