What could be better than a chocolate cake with rich chocolate frosting? Using both cocoa powder and baker's chocolate this cake is rich and indulgent. The perfect cake to win your way to any woman's heart.
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oil (or less, if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate (powder, you can use hot chocolate mix)
- 1 cup hot water (very)
- 100 grams baking chocolate (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate (powder, for hot chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a large cake tin (I used a round one without a hole) with butter and sprinkle with flour. Set it aside.
- Begin by combining the sugar and the eggs and beating them well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, oil, and chocolate powder, and beat until it is mixed well.
- Finally, add the hot water and beat again.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake about 45 to 50 minutes. Check the progress with a toothpick and, once finished, remove, take it out of the pan, and let it cool.
- While the cake is baking, mix the frosting. I always do it by taste, so you can combine the ingredients as you prefer.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it to a very low heat, stirring continuously.
- Once you have a smooth cream, it is ready.
- When the cake and the frosting are only slightly warm, coverthe cake completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1390Calories from Fat740|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat740|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.