Chocolate CakeYerbabuena en la Cocina
This is a variation on a standard chocolate cake, bringing hints of strawberries dipped in chocolate. It is loaded with dark chocolate, sugar, and whipping cream. This dessert is good for any time you crave chocolate, or for special events like birthdays and anniversaries.
- 4 eggs
- 120 grams sugar
- 80 grams dark chocolate
- 80 grams flour
- 80 grams almonds (ground)
- 70 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 400 grams whipping cream
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 150 grams sugar
- red food coloring
- 1 cup water
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 dash brandy
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams whipping cream
- 50 grams butter
- cream (stabilizer)
- 1Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius.
- 2Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double broiler. Separate the eggs and yolks and beat the whites into peaks with half of the sugar. Beat the yolks with the other half of the sugar until white and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate to the yolks, beating constantly until well mixed.
- 3Sift the flour and yeast together and fold into the yolk mixture. Add the almonds and stir. Carefully fold in the whites little by little.
- 4Pour into a greased and floured pan and bake for 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- 5Make the syrup by combining the water, sugar, and brandy in a saucepan on low heat. Let cool and set aside.
- 6Whip half cream with the sugar and the stabilizer. Whip the other half of the cream with the mascarpone. Add the food coloring to the mascarpone mixture and then carefully combine with the sweetened cream.
- 7Cut the cake in half horizontally, drizzle with syrup, and fill with the cream.
- 8Make the glaze by placing the cream into a pan. When it begins to bubble, remove from heat and add the chocolate and butter. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Pour over the cake and allow to solidify.
- 9Decorate with strawberries before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1920Calories from Fat1190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.