Rise and Shine! If you are looking for a recipe that will wake you up in the morning this Chocolate Buns for Christmas Morning recipe will surely do so. Packed with flavor and a chilli punch, this recipe will surely give you the a quick spike of ene…
gy. Try it and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also leave this recipe a star rating. We hope you enjoy this Chocolate Buns for Christmas Morning recipe!
- 30 grams fresh yeast
- 500 grams water (lukewarm)
- 70 grams sugar
- 900 grams wheat flour
- 15 grams salt
- 2 eggs
- 70 grams melted butter
- 200 grams chocolate chips (or chocolate chopped with a knife)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Dissolve the yeast in a small bowl with a little water.
- Pour the sugar, flour, water, yeast, and salt in food processor bowl, knead on medium speed. Add butter, knead for 5 minutes on medium speed to obtain a smooth dough.
- Add chocolate, knead 2 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rest and double in volume in a draft-free location for 1 hour.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface. Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Divide the dough in half, then divide each half in 20 pieces to form 20 balls of dough.
- To make buns, flatten dough balls with the palm of your hand, and form a square. Then fold the 4 points of the square to the center. Repeat with 4 new corners. Space the dough balls on 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Let rise another 45 minutes until they almost double in volume.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add a drop of milk. Brush the buns with egg mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
|Calories250Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.