Have an intense craving for chocolate? Maybe this big, deep, chocolate bundt cake can help.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the canola oil, sugars, vanilla, eggs, sour cream, and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Whisk until the ingredients begin to come together. Pour the hot coffee into the bowl and continue whisking until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the bundt cake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.