Chocolate Bundt CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Despite its chocolate flavor, this cake is quite airy and light, thanks to having beaten egg whites as the leavener, along with yeast to encourage even more rising during baking. Adding a few drops of lemon juice to the whites helps to stabilize them, too, but you should always take care when folding the whites into the batter, using the proper J motion with a flexible spatula and rotating the bowl as you go.
- 125 grams margarine
- 300 grams sugar
- 2 1/2 deciliters milk
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 120 grams corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 drops lemon juice
- 1In a bowl, beat the margarine very well (softened in the microwave, if needed) with the sugar.
- 2Add the milk little by little and combine thoroughly.
- 3Add cocoa, flour, cornstarch and yeast. Mix well.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites along with a tablespoon of sugar. When very stiff, add a few drops of lemon.
- 5Add the egg whites to the batter and gently fold from bottom to top.
- 6Grease a bundt pan with margarine and sprinkle with flour. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 40 minutes.