Chocolate Brownies with Caramelized HazelnutsLolibox
Thick dark chocolate brownies are delicately composed with bold chunks of hazelnut. Bitter dark chocolate is sweetened by the sugar and butter components. Roasting the hazelnuts with sugar brings out their intense earthy, nutty tones and hardens the outer shell making them crunchy additions to the otherwise smooth brownies. Coating them in caramel just makes them all the more delicious and keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the chocolate batter.
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 140 grams flour
- 60 grams hazelnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2In a sauce pan, melt the chocolate with the butter on very low heat. Mix to combine.
- 3In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until foamy.
- 4Add the flour to the egg mixture and beat to a smooth mixture.
- 5In a frying pan, add the whole hazelnuts, and tost them for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a little sugar and let the sugar melt slightly to coat the hazelnuts in caramel.
- 6Add hazelnuts to the chocolate mixture.
- 7Pour into a square or rectangular pan lined with parchment paper.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes. Check for doneness by pricking the middle of the brownie with a knife.