Chocolate Black Bean CookiesELLIEBRUNS
Soft inside, a little crunchy outside – these amazing chocolate chip cookies give you a whole range of gustatory experience. I assure you – you will not feel any bean flavor, and this is the beauty of these cookies. Beans are a great substitute for butter. They are high in protein and fiber, relatively low in calories, and very low in fat. As a result, one cookie contains only 87 calories – and at the same time tons of fiber. Just imagine – the more cookies you eat, the better it is for your body. Isn't it a perfect dessert?
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2. Rinse the beans thoroughly in cold water. Drain them, add in a food processor together with peanut butter and milk. Blend until smooth.
- 3. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. You will get a soft and a bit sticky dough
- 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form small balls, place on baking sheet, flatten slightly. Add a few salt grains on top to complement the chocolate taste. Don’t put too much otherwise you will end up with salty cookies☺
- 5. Bake for around 20 minutes. Set a side a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories70Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.