Nothing says “I Love You” more than a homemade, rich and creamy chocolate birthday cake. This cake is the cream of the crop. It is rich with chocolate cake layers with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles on top. This is the perfect dessert for a a special occasion, a celebration or to tell someone just how much they mean to you. Don’t forget the tall glass of ice cold milk.
- 5 eggs
- 180 grams brown sugar
- 200 grams flour
- 100 grams corn starch
- 250 grams milk
- 80 grams cocoa powder (sifted)
- 200 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans condensed milk (boiled)
- 100 grams chocolate (powder)
- 30 grams butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- chocolate sprinkles (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt, beating them for approximately six minutes on a low-medium setting.
- Remove from the mixer and set the egg whites aside.
- Combine the sugar, egg yolks, and butter in the mixing bowl and mix on low-medium for approximately three minutes.
- Slowly add in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, chocolate powder, salt, and milk. Blend for approximately 20 seconds on a low-medium level.
- Gently add the egg whites to the mix.
- Pour the mix into a cake pan and place it in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, combine the butter, cocoa, powdered sugar, and milk in a mixing bowl and mix for approximately 20 minutes on high-medium speed, adjusting ingredient quantities to get the right consistency.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool. Cut the cake through the middle and fill it with half of the frosting, covering the cake with the rest of the frosting.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate sprinkles and server.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1650Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.