Chocolate Beet CakeO Meu Tempero
Really? There are beets in a chocolate cake? You bet! Not only do cooked beets make chocolate cakes look even more chocolatey, thanks to the deep color they lend to the batter, but they also contribute (in a good way) to the flavor and texture. Rest assured: You don't detect the flavor of beets when you eat this cake; rather everyone will be wondering why the cake is so singularly delicious.
- 200 grams wheat flour (self-rising)
- 200 grams cocoa powder
- 150 grams sugar
- 125 grams butter (melted and cooled)
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 beets (boiled and pureed)
- powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Grease and flour a high-sided loaf pan, or similar.
- 3Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- 4Pour into greased and floured pan.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- 6To serve, dust with powdered sugar