- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled off with knife)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (natural, not Dutch-processed, such as Hershey's)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bananas (mashed very ripe, from 2-3 brown bananas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (best quality, such as Guittard or Ghiradelli)
Letchemy 16 Jul
Thank you for the yummy recipe and the easy to follow directions. It turned out perfectly well and was a hit with my friends.
Shaé Ellington 21 May
Wow! This is really good!
Lexi D. 10 Apr
Delicious! a fantastic twist on banana bread. i did face an issue with getting it out of the loaf pan but i think it needed to be greased more
Carol Porteous 11 Feb
Very delicious Definitely make it again. Satisfies my chocolate cravings
Bill 19 Jan
Very nice recipe. Definitely use again.
Bev Titmus 9 Nov 2017
Just put it in the oven I used Dutch process chocolate so we’ll see what happens lol The batter tasted great 😋
Mary S. 5 Nov 2017
Excellent recipe yes I would make this again,
Cindi 31 Oct 2017
Really good! I used more bananas. I will definitely be making this again!
Kyla C. 21 Jul 2017
Always turns out great! An extra banana might suit some, but it is great as is! And since I am impatient rather than waiting an hour and a half for a loaf I make mine in a muffin tin. This way they are done on about 20 minutes instead!
Toni C. 1 Oct 2016
Delicious! Moist and flavorful. More like a cake. Soooo good. I served warm with vanilla ice cream and a hot caramel sauce drizzle for dessert. Wow. Heavenly.