If you'd rather not have to dirty your food processor, you can crush the wafers by putting them in a large resealable plastic bag (to keep the crumbs from flying) and rolling over them with a rolling pin. They take the place of flour and other dry ingredients in making these no bake balls, which are bound with a chocolate custard mixture that's cooked on the stove (so don't worry, the eggs are not raw).
- 200 grams Maria wafers (or shortbread cookies)
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 125 grams chocolate powder
- chocolate sprinkles
- Crush cookies in a grinder or with a rolling pin.
- Set aside.
- Heat egg yolks and sugar in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and add butter and chocolate. Stir well.
- When mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, so that egg yolks cook, but mixture doesn't stick to pan.
- Add crushed cookies and mix well.
- Let cool slightly.
- Grease hands with butter and shape into small balls.
- Place cookie balls in cupcake liners.