- 1 package angel food cake mix (Duncan Hines®)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces frozen non dairy whipped topping
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 15½"x 10½" jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil.
- Combine cake mix and cocoa in large bowl. Prepare cake according to package directions. Divide batter into pans. Spread evenly. Pull knife through batter to remove large air bubbles.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Invert cakes at once onto kitchen towels dusted with confectioners' sugar. Remove foil carefully. Starting at short end, roll up each cake with towel jelly-roll fashion. Cool completely.
- For filling, fold grated chocolate into whipped topping. Unroll cakes. Spread half of filling to edges on each cake. Reroll and place seam-side down on serving plates.
- For drizzle, place chocolate squares and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. On high power 30 seconds or until chocolate melts. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake rolls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For a quick finish, omit drizzle and dust cakes with confectioners' sugar.
- For a simple dulce de leche, submerge an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in boiling water, simmer for 3 hours (less, if you want it a thinner consistency) and cool.
- Pour 2-3 cups of sugar into a sealable container. Combine with the zest of one lemon, shake well and store. Lemon infused sugar can be used immediately or kept for months, just like regular sugar.
- Keep brown sugar soft by adding a couple of marshmallows to the bag.
- To make crystallized honey liquid again make it liquid again, place the honey jar in a container that allows water to move around it freely. Run under a hot water tap (shaking occasionally) until the crystals have melted.
- Use an egg slicer to quickly slice strawberries. Freshly sliced strawberries are the perfect topping to Angel Food cake!
- Reuse jelly, pickle or mason jars to keep your cupcake liners and icing tips clean and collected.
- Variety is the spice of life, so try different toppings on your cakes. We used spice cake with dulce de leche, fig preserves, powdered sugar, marmalade and ginger preserve, apricot jelly and honey.
- Clean caramel from a pot by filling it with water and letting it simmer on the stove—the warm water will wash it away.
- Whenever grating chocolate on a cheese grater always hold the chocolate cube with the palm of your hand not your fingertips. This method will protect your finger tips from getting nicked.
|Calories140Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.