Chocolate And Hazelnut BrowniesO Meu Tempero
The combination of cocoa powder and dark chocolate is the secret to making brownies that have intense flavor and also a moist and fudgy texture. Hazelnuts are added to the batter for these brownies, and it pays to peel them yourself by toasting in a dry skillet and then, while still warm, rubbing off the papery skins with a kitchen towel. If you buy blanched (peeled) hazelnuts, toasting them briefly in the skillet will help deepen their flavors.
- 200 grams Bakers Chocolate Bar (broken into pieces)
- 125 grams softened butter
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 1 salt ("pinch" of)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs (medium size)
- 100 grams roasted hazelnuts (skins removed)
- 1Place the chocolate in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place in the bowl of a mixer.
- 2Add the butter, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and flour and beat until combined.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine with the batter. Grease a 23 cm square pan with butter and line with parchment paper. Toast the hazelnuts in a frying pan and using a clean towel, rub the nuts to remove skins.
- 4Sprinkle the hazelnuts evenly over the batter.
- 5Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes.
- 6Watch cooking time so as not to over bake. The brownies should have a moist texture. If using a larger pan, reduce baking time.