Choco/Orange MillefeuilleOn dine chez Nanou
It can be difficult to pick the perfect pastry or confection when up against so many recipes. This truly decadent recipe for Choco/Orange Millefeuille is so rich and dreamy, your taste buds should be screaming for a bite right now! The recipe combines the buttery flakiness of the puff pastry with white chocolate and fresh orange juice and creamy mascarpone cheese for a creamy, sweet and rich dessert that will please the palate.
- 600 grams puff pastry
- 5 egg yolks
- 140 grams caster sugar
- 6 grams gelatin
- 400 grams whipping cream
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 100 grams fresh orange juice
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- 360 grams mascarpone
- powdered sugar
- 1Heat oven to 480F.
- 2Spread the dough thinly on a floured work surface.
- 3Transfer the dough in 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Bake the first sheet.
- 5It will rise and turn golden.
- 6After 5 minutes, cover it with parchment paper in the oven and place a second baking sheet (or a plate) on top off it to prevent it from rising. Bake for 5 minutes.
- 7Take out of the oven, let cool slightly, and cut out rectangles with scissors.
- 8Do the same for the second tray of dough.
- 9Turn on the broiler.
- 10Sprinkle the rectangles with sugar and caramelize them quickly under the broiler. Watch carefully, they can burn easily.
- 11In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar.
- 12Soften gelatin in cold water.
- 13In a saucepan, boil the cream, and remove from heat.
- 14Add the egg yolks to the pan and heat slowly until the mixture thickens (up to 185F)
- 15Divide the cream in 2 equal portions.
- 16In one of the bowls, add the white chocolate (broken in small pieces), then add the orange juice and mix.
- 17In the another bowl, add the milk chocolate (broken in small pieces) and stir.
- 18Let the two bowls cool at room temperature then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 19Beat the mascarpone and separate in 2 equal portions. Add 1 portion to each of the bowls and whip the mixtures.
- 20You can use a food processor or stand mixer for a creamier result.
- 21Put each cream in a pastry bag with a fluted tip and top the caramelized dough rectangles with the cream.
- 22Sprinkle with powdered sugar.