Chocolate lovers will dig these chocolate-rich cupcakes featuring a batter that's made with cocoa and flaked coconut. To make the frosting, white chocolate is melted with butter in a double boiler. After spreading it on top of the cupcakes, they're decorated with sprinkles. You could also finish them with finely chopped nuts or milk chocolate shavings. Store them for up to three days at room temperature in an airtight container.
- 125 grams granulated sugar
- 150 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 250 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 150 grams white chocolate
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, add the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, coconut, and 125 grams of butter. Mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk while continuing to mix until it is completely incorporated and the batter is smooth and uniform in consistency.
- Fill the cupcake molds to 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.
- Melt the white chocolate using a double boiler with the remaining butter. Mix well and frost each cupcake.
- Coat the tops with the chocolate sprinkles.
|Calories260Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.