Whoopie Pies bring back memories of a simpler time — childhood — when playing outside was a main priority, This recipe for Choco-Banana Whoopie Pies combines the decadence of dark chocolate to make a hearty and rich fluffy cookie. The filling is packed with rich flavors by combining bananas and mascarpone for a sweet treat that will melt in your mouth. Be sure to pick up these ingredients so you can surprise your loved ones with a nostalgic treat this weekend.
- 1 eggs
- 50 grams sugar
- 75 grams butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 100 grams mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix egg and sugar until the mixture becomes pale.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate in a double boiler, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Separately, mix flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture, stir. Gradually add mixture to the flour mixture.
- Knead by hand until forming a big ball of dough.
- Shape the cookies by hand to about 3 centimeters in diameter and 1 centimeter thick.
- Arrange on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Filling Preparation:
- Mash bananas.
- In a bowl, mix mashed bananas, mascarpone, and sugar.
- When cookies are cool, use a pastry bag to pipe filling between two cookies, like a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until filling hardens.