Choco-Banana Whoopie PiesChloé Delice
Whoopie Pies bring back memories of a simpler time — childhood — when playing outside was a main priority, This recipe for Choco-Banana Whoopie Pies combines the decadence of dark chocolate to make a hearty and rich fluffy cookie. The filling is packed with rich flavors by combining bananas and mascarpone for a sweet treat that will melt in your mouth. Be sure to pick up these ingredients so you can surprise your loved ones with a nostalgic treat this weekend.
- 1 eggs
- 50 grams sugar
- 75 grams butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 100 grams mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2In a bowl, mix egg and sugar until the mixture becomes pale.
- 3Melt butter and dark chocolate in a double boiler, then set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Separately, mix flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- 5Pour melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture, stir. Gradually add mixture to the flour mixture.
- 6Knead by hand until forming a big ball of dough.
- 7Shape the cookies by hand to about 3 centimeters in diameter and 1 centimeter thick.
- 8Arrange on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes.
- 10Filling Preparation:
- 11Mash bananas.
- 12In a bowl, mix mashed bananas, mascarpone, and sugar.
- 13When cookies are cool, use a pastry bag to pipe filling between two cookies, like a sandwich.
- 14Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- 15Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until filling hardens.