With all the refinement of bruschetta, these chive and onion cream cheese toasts topped with fresh tomatoes will steal the show as a tasty appetizer or addition to the dinner table. Ready in just 20 minutes, these cream cheese toasts are easy to make when you are in a hurry.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 package fresh cheese (spreadable)
- 1 tablespoon fried onions (chopped)
- 10 chive (stems, chopped)
- 6 bread slices
- 1 tomato (medium, diced)
- poppy seeds (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Stir the olive oil into the cheese to make it softer.
- Add the fried onion and chopped chives, and stir well.
- Toast the bread and, while still warm, generously spread the cream cheese blend on the bread.
- Top with diced tomato, sprinkle with poppy seeds, and drizzle with a little olive oil to serve.