Chips (feigned) In OvenO Meu Tempero
Oven baked fries are so crisp and delicious, you just might prefer to pass up the deep-fried version from here on out. Plus, you won't have to deal with all that spattering and messy cleanup. Start by trimming the potatoes to make a perfect rectangle, which allows you to cut them into thin sticks. Dry them thoroughly so they crisp up on the outside, then dust with cornstarch (to promote browning) and bake with just a light spritz of cooking spray.
- corn flour
- dried thyme
- 1Peel the potatoes.
- 2Trim the edges and sides so that they are rectangular.
- 3Cut into thick sticks.
- 4Dry well.
- 5Sprinkle with corn flour and shake well over.
- 6Place it in baking dish brushed with olive oil and sprinkle with dried thyme or other herb of choice.
- 7Sprinkle or spray with olive oil (just a bit).
- 8Bring to a preheated oven at 400ºF until well browned.
- 9Serve warm spice and salt.