Oven baked fries are so crisp and delicious, you just might prefer to pass up the deep-fried version from here on out. Plus, you won't have to deal with all that spattering and messy cleanup. Start by trimming the potatoes to make a perfect rectangle, which allows you to cut them into thin sticks. Dry them thoroughly so they crisp up on the outside, then dust with cornstarch (to promote browning) and bake with just a light spritz of cooking spray.
- corn flour
- dried thyme
- Peel the potatoes.
- Trim the edges and sides so that they are rectangular.
- Cut into thick sticks.
- Dry well.
- Sprinkle with corn flour and shake well over.
- Place it in baking dish brushed with olive oil and sprinkle with dried thyme or other herb of choice.
- Sprinkle or spray with olive oil (just a bit).
- Bring to a preheated oven at 400ºF until well browned.
- Serve warm spice and salt.