- 12 ounces pork tenderloin
- 12 ounces chicken thighs (Skinless, Boneless)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (Chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Thread 3 pork pieces on 8 of the skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Thread 3 chicken pieces on each remaining skewer. Place skewers on tray. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over pork and chicken. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 15 minutes to 2 hours. Prepare Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.
- Lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or lightly coat with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Place the pork kabobs on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill until meat is slightly pink in center and juices run clear, brushing generously with the Chipotle Barbecue Sauce halfway through cooking. (For a covered grill, allow 5 to 7 minutes, giving kabobs a quarter turn once halfway through grilling. For an uncovered grill, allow 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.) Remove pork kabobs from grill and keep warm.
- Place chicken kabobs on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing generously with the remaining sauce halfway through cooking. (For a covered grill, allow 3 to 5 minutes, giving kabobs a quarter turn once halfway through grilling. For an uncovered grill, allow 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly.)
- Chipotle Barbecue Sauce: In a saucepan combine barbecue sauce, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, and honey. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool slightly. Makes about 1/2 cup.