If you are craving meat balls and want to try something new, then give this Chipotle Meatballs recipe a try. It is savory and spicy and perfect for a dinner celebration. Ingredients include ground beet, bread crumbs, minced onions, quartered tomatoes, prepared salsa, chipotle chile in adobo sauce, water, salt, and ground black pepper. This dish is perfect over rice. Prepare ahead of time and reheat for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 250 grams ground beef
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons onion (minced)
- 1 tomato (quartered)
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- chipotle chile (in adobo sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Mix the ground beef with the onion, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Form into balls and saute in a skillet previously spritzed with cooking spray until golden brown on all sides. Remove from skillet.
- Puree the tomato in the blender with the salsa, chipotle pepper, and some water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the puree into the skillet and cook until it starts to bubble and thicken. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes.