- 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops (about 1-1/4 inch thick)
- 1 chipotles in adobo (chopped OR 1 dried chipolte chile, rehydrated* and minced **)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chops in a large self-sealing plastic bag; combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade (discarding marinade) and grill over medium-hot coals for a total of 12-16 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.