- 1/2 cup shao hsing wine (Chinese rice wine or dry sherry)
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons five spice (chinese)
- 2 pounds pork belly (skin on boneless)
- 1 bunch bok choy (halved lengthwise)
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas (halved lengthwise)
- steamed rice
- cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Combine wine, soy, vinegar, honey and five spice in a baking dish. Add the pork and rub all over to coat. Place skin side up and cover dish with foil.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Turn broiler to high. Remove foil and broil 15-20 mins, until skin is well browned and crisp. Add 1/4 cup water to pan if sauce is getting too thick. Let stand, loosely covered, 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, blanch bok choy in saucepan of boiling salted water 1 min, adding sugar snaps for the last 30 seconds. Drain well.
- Thinly slice pork. Spoon pan juices over pork and top with cilantro leaves. Serve with greens and rice.