- 2 pounds boneless pork loin (OR butt or fresh pork leg, cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons five-spice (Chinese)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- In large self-sealing plastic bag, combine all ingredients and mix well. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 8-12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove pork cubes from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat pork dry with paper toweling; place cubes in a single layer, not touching, in shallow roasting pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until pork is tender and lightly browned. Remove to serve platter or chafing dish and serve hot as an appetizer.