- 1 shallots (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 lime
- 1/4 cup seeds (grape, rice bran or extra light)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 avocado (diced)
- 1 cucumber (large, peeled and ciced)
- 4 green onions (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons shiro miso (unpasteurized)
- 1 lime (to taste)
- water (to dilute)
- 8 prawns (about 1/2 lb, peeled)
- 12 scallops (smalls, or 4 large scallops, cleaned)
- 8 black olives (sliced)
- 1 mandarin oranges (peeled and segmented)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- sea salt (unrefined, taste)
- cracked black pepper (fresh, to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra light olive oil (or rice bran oil, for cooking prawns <)
- In a small sauce pot, combine the minced shallots, red chili pepper flakes and oil.
- Heat the oil over very low heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in the lime zest and the water.
- Let stand for at least an hour, then strain the oil into a small bowl or jar.
- Adding water in the oil with the lime zest dissolves and carries water-soluble flavors.
- Set aside, while you prepare the soup.
- Place the cucumber, avocado and green onion in a blender.
- Squeeze the lime juice and add 2 tablespoon of the miso paste.
- Blend the ingredients adding the water to dilute the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Season the soup (to taste) with more miso paste and lime juice if necessary.
- Transfer the soup into a large bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To cook the prawns and scallops, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Then, season the prawns and scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Once the pan is nice and hot, add one tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the prawns and scallops and cooked until they are done.
- Remove and transfer to a bowl. Then, add the orange pieces, black olives and cilantro.
- Cut the prawns into 3 or 4 pieces depending on the size and add these to the bowl.
- Season with a little bit of sea salt and black pepper (if necessary) and drizzle with chili-lime oil.
- Toss gently with a spoon to combine.
- To serve the dish, bring out the four individual bowls and the avocado soup from the fridge.
- Ladle the soup onto the bowls, then garnish with the prawn and scallop salsa and finish with more drizzle of the chili-lime oil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.