This simple recipe for beef chile is packed with flavor and makes for a great weekend cooking project. The combination of red beans and ground beef packs this dish with a ton of protein. The beans and vegetables also provide a healthy dose of fiber. You'll be surprised that this flavorful meal comes together in just over an hour, for a healthy and delicious meal.
- 500 grams red beans (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500 grams ground beef
- 500 grams whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper (optional)
- Overnight let the red beans soak in cold water.
- The next day, drain and gently rinse the beans. Cook the beans in a large volume of unsalted water. First bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and bring to simmer for 2 hours. Warning! Make sure there is enough water during cooking, and do not hesitate to add some as needed.
- In a pan, fry the finely chopped onion in a little oil over medium heat.
- When it begins to brown, add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and the meat.
- Drain the tomatoes and keep their juice. Cut the tomatoes into pieces and add to the meat with the juice set aside.
- Lower the heat to minimum and add the beans, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cook it covered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red pepper last and add a little salt if needed.
- Serve it with rice.
|Calories720Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.