If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Chili con Carne. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The ve…
etable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 100 grams bacon (diced)
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- cumin (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 can kidney beans
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil, add the onion, garlic, and red pepper and saute.
- Add the bacon and ground beef.
- Cook until browned. Stir well.
- Put the mixture in a tagine or dutch oven.
- Add the canned tomatoes with juice from can.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the pan, and simmer for 2 hours 15 minutes.
- Mix in drained kidney beans.
- Cook another 15 to 30 minutes before serving.