- lime dressing (Chili)
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- snapper (Chili)
- 4 whole snapper (baby, cleaned, heads removed)
- 1 banana leaf (cut into 4 - 12 inch squares)
- 1 Thai chili (fresh red, thinly sliced)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (fresh, finely shredded)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (fresh, cut into matchsticks)
- To make the chili lime dressing, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
- Score fish through thickest part of flesh then arrange on a large tray. Drizzle with 1/2 the dressing. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Dip each banana leaf into boiling water then rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Combine chili, kaffir lime leaves and green onions in a medium bowl. Distribute lemongrass between banana leaves then top with fish. Sprinkle with chili mixture then fold opposite corners of leaves over to enclose fish. Secure with butcher's twine.
- Arrange parcels, in a single layer, in a large bamboo steamer. Steam over a large saucepan of simmering water for about 15 mins, or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve fish in parcels, drizzled with remaining dressing.