Chili Rub Grilled Pulled PorkPork
- 3 pounds boneless blade pork roast (or sirloin roast)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups snack chips (wood, soaked in water for at least 1 hour, optional)
- barbecue sauce (To taste, optional)
- 1In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt, and cayenne. Rub the mixture over all sides of the meat, pressing it to adhere (if the meat is tied together with twine or netting, just rub the seasoning right over it).
- 2Prepare a grill to medium indirect heat. For a charcoal grill, scatter about half of the wood chips, if using, over the coals. For a gas grill, place about half of the wood chips, if using, in the grill’s smoker box. Place a pan with the pork on the grill over indirect heat, cover, and cook, adding more coals or adjusting the gas as necessary to maintain a temperature between 250 and 300 degrees F and adding more wood chips every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the pork is very tender, 5 to 6 hours.
- 3Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Remove any twine or netting and then use two forks to shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Moisten/season with cooking juices and/or barbecue sauce to taste.
- 4Place rubbed pork in slow cooker and add 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cover and cook until pork is very tender, 6 to 8 hours on LOW or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH. (We recommend cooking on LOW for best results.)
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.