Spicy with a touch of citrus sweet. Serve with Jicama and Orange Salad and Mustard New Potatoes.
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (OR apple juice)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange rind (grated)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (OR to taste)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (firmly packed)
- Place the ribs in a 4 to 5 quart Dutch oven. Add apple juice and cover. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the chili sauce, hoisin sauce, orange rind, sriracha sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high.
- Remove ribs from the Dutch oven and pat dry. Place ribs on grill and grill over medium hot fire 8 to 10 minutes or until glazed, turning once, and brushing with sauce.