- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups frozen green peas (thawed)
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread (divided)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound extra large shrimp (peeled and deveined uncooked, about 16 to 20)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves (chopped fresh, divided)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cook time.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice and chili powder and cook until bubbly. Stir in shrimp and cook, turning once, until pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon of the cilantro.
- Stir remaining 1 tablespoon Spread, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 2 tablespoons lime juice into hot cooked quinoa. Arrange quinoa on plates. Top with shrimp; drizzle any sauce remaining in skillet over shrimp.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
colleen 28 Jan 2017
this dish was quiet good. i liked the addition of the peas. nice balance of sweet with spicy shrimp. i will be making this again.
Micah Piper 22 Dec 2016
It was inedible. It was so bad, I couldn't even eat it. I'm sure that we could put part of he blame on the chef. But me and my family didn't like the chili powder on the shrimp. I love shrimp and this dish will sadly be tossed into the depths with the living shrimp
Susan C. 27 Jul 2016
Really liked this, and so did my daughters, 17 and 21. Forgot the peas, but that was ok since didn't care for them. I jacked my serving up with Cholula sauce, but the girls were good with it as cooked. Will add into the rotation!
Lyanne M. 25 Apr 2016
Mine turned out great. I only used a lime for the shrimp and about a half a lime for the quinoa. I added cherry tomatoes to the shrimp and sugar snap peas in the quinoa. Will make again.
alise yates 15 Mar 2016
Overpowering lime juice somehow accomplished the most bland meal. Definitely should've taken the advice of the previous raters.
Meg W. 15 Feb 2016
I didn't use peas. And I used half quinoa half rice. And I used real butter. The whole family loved it.
Renee B. 1 Feb 2016
This meal pretty much just tastes like lime juice with a hint of shrimp and peas. I would never make this again.