Chili Ancho Stuffed with BeansLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
A unique dessert, this recipe for homemade Corn Ice Cream capitalizes on the natural sweetness of fresh corn to make a creamy frozen dessert. Lightly flavored with cinnamon, this creamy Corn Ice Cream can be made without an ice cream maker. After combining all the ingredients over heat, just refrigerate the ice cream, stirring every 30 minutes, for 8 hours. The next time your local grocery store has a major sale on corn, give this frozen treat a try.
- 12 ancho chile pepper (medium-sized)
- 1/2 kilogram refried beans
- 12 slices manchego cheese
- 250 milliliters cream
- chicken-flavored soup powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut the chilies open on one end using scissors. Carefully devein and seed.
- 3In a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Add the chilies and remove once they have changed color and are soft. Pat dry.
- 4Fill the chilies with the refried beans. Add a slice of cheese on top of each chili.
- 5Place on a baking pan.
- 6Separately, mix the cream and bouillon powder. Add the cream on top of the chilies.
- 7Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese melts.