A unique dessert, this recipe for homemade Corn Ice Cream capitalizes on the natural sweetness of fresh corn to make a creamy frozen dessert. Lightly flavored with cinnamon, this creamy Corn Ice Cream can be made without an ice cream maker. After combining all the ingredients over heat, just refrigerate the ice cream, stirring every 30 minutes, for 8 hours. The next time your local grocery store has a major sale on corn, give this frozen treat a try.
- 12 Ancho chilies (medium-sized)
- 0.5 kilograms refried beans
- 12 slices manchego cheese
- 250 milliliters cream
- chicken bouillon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chilies open on one end using scissors. Carefully devein and seed.
- In a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Add the chilies and remove once they have changed color and are soft. Pat dry.
- Fill the chilies with the refried beans. Add a slice of cheese on top of each chili.
- Place on a baking pan.
- Separately, mix the cream and bouillon powder. Add the cream on top of the chilies.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese melts.