When the temperature drops, grab your heaviest stockpot and make chili. There's nothing that's quite as warming as a generous bowlful with all the fixings. In this version, ground beef, red beans, and sausages make for a particularly hearty chili that also includes the traditional ingredients( canned tomatoes, garlic, onion, and hot sauce), plus a couple of not so traditional ones (white wine and parsley). Serve with white rice or cornbread.
- ground beef
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can sausages
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 chillies (small)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onions (small)
- 2 drops Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- parsley (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Peel and chop the onion and garlic. In a pan, sauté in a little with olive oil.
- 2Finely dice the chilli and add to the pan. Tip: Remove seeds for a milder flavor.
- 3Add the ground beef and brown. Add the can of tomatoes and cook briefly.
- 4Once the meat is cooked, add the wine. Cut the sausages into small pieces and add. Add the beans.
- 5Once all is combined, season to taste with salt, pepper, tabasco and finally chopped parsley.
- 6Serve with white rice.