- 26 ounces green chiles (roasted and peeled, or use about 24 roasted and peeled green chiles.)
- 4 cups grated cheese (I used 4-Cheese Mexican blend from Costco, which is a low-fat blend of Monterey Jack, medium cheddar, Queso Quesadilla, and Asadero cheese)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (very thinly)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat milk (or fat-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder (I used ground Ancho chile powder from Penzeys)
Sheryl Jones 15 days ago
Turned out great was easy to make I think next time just to spice it up a little I’ll use some pepper jack cheese in it
Teresa Santiago 20 Sep 2018
AMAZIN!!! Home grown pablanos, pepper jack, and homemade chili powder, sooooo good. you should make this!
Linda L. 26 Aug 2018
Very tasty and pretty darn easy. If you’re gluten free and miss chili rellenos, you should try this
Emilie Doan 9 Jul 2018
Casserole turned out great! I added a can of drained Rotel split between each layer and it added a really good flavor and heartiness to the dish.
Stacey Moran 3 Jun 2018
Turned out great! Definitely going to make this again. Super simple to make & so tasty!
Brian P. 24 Apr 2018
Couldn’t find canned chili’s so I roasted some poblanos...didn’t roast as many as I needed...recipe turned out like soufflé with peppers.
Shelley Y. 21 Apr 2018
One of my favorite dinners. So simple to prepare and so tasty!
Nick Freilich 16 Oct 2017
I took Jeff's advice and roasted 10 poblanos (rather than using the canned green chiles), and also added tomatoes because they are my favorite ingredient in almost anything. Definitely a winning play. I upgraded the cheese (some local organic stuff I grated myself) and used goat's milk instead of regular. Otherwise, a really great vegetarian option for keto dinner.
Jeff Olson 7 Sep 2017
I improvised since the recipe is called chile rellenos but called for green chiles in a can 😖 (not the same) I roasted 10 poblanos and layered them with cheese and tomatoes and also a little quinoa but I used the egg mix and added garlic and pepper and it turned out great