- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos
- 5 garlic cloves (not peeled)
- 2 jalapenos (seeds and ribs removed, chopped)
- 2 poblano chiles (or Anaheim, optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves (cleaned and chopped)
- 4 pounds pork shoulder (also called pork butt, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1 to 2-inch cubes)
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- olive oil
- 2 yellow onions (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped, or 1 Tbsp of dried oregano)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch ground cloves
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alli S. 9 Jun
This recipe is soooooo good. I like to add a little lime juice, fresh onion, cilantro and avocado to the finished product. Very flavorful and worth your time.
Kevin W. 14 Apr
I made this as listed but I added honey to add some sweetness (thanks Bobby Flay). Holly mother of babby elephants this was good.
Kami P. 27 Jan
Wow! Amazing recipe! This was the second time I made it. I’ll add a bit of corn starch to thicken it up a bit ut otherwise - shear perfection.
Lori Molina 6 Jan
Delicious! Great recipe. Family raved it was better than our favorite Mexican restaurant.
Nicole 29 Nov 2017
This turned out fantastic and delicious! It was a hit. I had been looking for a recipe like this for some time so glad I found it! The roasting of the peppers way better way to go
Gary O. 2 Jun 2016
I haven't tried this yet with the (from scratch) ingredients, I cheat with pre-prepared sauce, I'm going to take the long road this time.. It's what's for dinner tomorrow, pork roast thawing out now! I think the lime is a nice touch, Carolin. I'll post my results tomorrow!
Carolin S. 28 Apr 2016
So flavorful! Took a little more time than I probably had to devote to dinner on a weeknight, but the result was well worth the effort. Served with corn tortillas and avocado and a squirt of lime. So good!
Tinel C. 25 Mar 2016
This recipe was very good, it could use a little sprucing up but still yummy! Next time I'd probably taste the chile before adding it to the pot