Chile-Rubbed Pork FajitasPork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into thin strips)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 onions (medium, cut into thin wedges)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (medium, cut into bite-size strips)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (medium, OR green, cut into bite-size strips)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomatoes (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (preferably fresh)
- 8 flour tortillas (warmed)
- 1In small bowl, blend chile rub ingredients; mix well to remove all lumps. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture for vegetables; set aside. In medium bowl, toss pork strips and garlic with remaining rub mixture; toss to coat well. Set aside while cutting vegetables.
- 2In separate bowl, combine onion and peppers. Add reserved chile rub; toss to coat; set aside. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Remove pork to plate; cover loosely to keep warm.
- 3Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable mixture. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomato, lime juice and pork (with any accumulated liquid). Cook and stir 1 minute to heat through.
- 4Spoon into warm tortillas. If desired, serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.