Chile Pasilla Pork RindsMadeleine Cocina
Sometimes potato chips just aren’t enough to satisfy a salty craving. Pork rinds are a decadent and tasty snack when you need something crunchy and hearty. This chilie Pasilla Pork Rinds have so much flavor, your taste buds will beg you to have just one more. The recipe calls for chili peppers from Pasilla, Calif., combined with decadent ingredients. These are so tasty, you will never forget how plalate pleasing the pork rinds taste.
- 3 chile pepper (Pasilla, California chile peppers or Poblano peppers may also be used)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 kilogram green tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 1 onions (peeled and sliced)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound pork (rinds, cut into strips)
- 1Place the chile peppers in a saucepan (on the stove), heat up the water and allow the peppers to soak for 15 minutes. Once they are soft, add the tomatoes, garlic, and half of the onions to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree everything until smooth.
- 3Add oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add the remaining onions. Saute for about 5 minutes, and then add the sauce. Thin the sauce with additional water if it appears to be too thick.
- 4Add the pork rinds into the skillet and cook until they become soft.
- 5Serve the pork rinds with warm corn tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.