- 2 ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 onions (medium, chopped)
- 2 zucchini (medium, chopped)
- 2 carrots (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jar ragu old world style pasta sauc
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cook and drain
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Toast chili peppers in dry, deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, pressing with spatula and turning occasionally, about 2 minutes; cool slightly. Remove stem and seeds.
- Pour boiling water over chili peppers, then cover and let stand 10 minutes. Remove chili peppers from water, reserving water. Process chili peppers in mini food processor until smooth, adding just enough water to liquify peppers; reserve.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken in batches. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil and cook zucchini, onion and carrots, stirring frequently, 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in Pasta Sauce, chili pepper mixture, chicken and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over hot fettuccine and garnish with cilantro.
|Calories510Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.