Chickpeas with MushroomsRecetas del Señor Señor
This recipe is a healthy and filling dish that comes together in less than an hour for a light meal. The chickpeas provide a nice dose of healthy protein while the mushrooms add a ton of earthy flavor. Try this recipe served over a bed of quinoa or try it on top of a toasted and butter slice of rustic bread. If you have leftovers you can turn them into a salad with the addition of some hearty greens and vegetables.
- 300 grams chickpeas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1 garlic cloves (diced)
- 250 grams mushrooms (assorted, varieties)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- ground black pepper
- 1Soak the chickpeas overnight in cold water. The next day, drain them and add them to a pressure cooker. Cover with fresh water, 1 bay leaf, and a bouillon cube, and boil for 10-12 minutes.
- 2In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic with the mushrooms. If using dried mushrooms, rehydrate them for 20 minutes in warm water first.
- 3Place the drained chickpeas and sauteed vegetables into a stock pot and cover with vegetable stock, 1 more bay leaf, and thyme. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- 4When done, salt and pepper to taste.